Cuts Like a Knife-Character 00007


Being gay made me realize at a certain age that never would I get myself into trouble involving hoodlums and bullies and whatnots. I had my friends, the close ones and let them alone with the usual physical adventures of teens-bullying, being in touble, tripping, mauling when necessary, etc. The thinking was assigned to me.(LOL) Honestly, I was revered as one of the leaders in the group so I had to do away with the hooligans. And not to forget, I was a coward, physically.

I don't know but teenagers find excitement in their misadventures. They want to be domineering as possible. Understanding and communication are always the last resort. Whenever they feel they are aggravated, reprisal is likely the initial response.

One of our hangouts many years ago then was to gather in group at a particular place in the neighborhood. The place was private and we felt more freedom there from the nagging of our parents.

One time, Noel, one of my closest friends invited me out for some drink. It was one of our friends' birthday. They drank, we drank, and we split from the group. We obviously felt bored as the night progressed. Though we were already in spirits, three of us sneaked out of the hangout and went to town to continue the fun.

Noel, Harry and I went to a bar catered to folk, rock, and country music lovers. It so happened I met some friends in college. They were the same people I worked with as a News Editor for our school publication not until I dropped out.

When everyone was pickled and tipsy, Noel invited Harry and me to go out and buy some cigarettes. I told him I didn't have to go with them, I'd rather wait inside while talking with some college acquaintances. But Noel ejected me out of my chair saying that we went to the place as a group and we should leave as a group.

The moment we stepped out of the bar's patio, we were caught off-guard with multiple attacks from several youngsters outside. They all started batting and hitting us here and there. Some had bats, some had knives, and some had bats with attached knives.

There was a stir, I could hear the sound of jabbing and physical attacks. I never knew until I was left behind crying and pleading for help. The attackers had gone and so were Noel and Harry. I sat in one corner of the bar outside. I knew I was safe and I was drunk. I was crying. I was alone.

A few moments later, I felt some pain in my back. I started to move my hands, pressed them against my shirt as I felt some wetness, then viscidness. I moved to where the light is and then I freaked out. My white shirt turned bloody red and so were my hands.

I rushed back to the bar and asked my college friends to take me to the hospital. I was starting to get sober. I didn't feel weak though much blood gushed out of my system. I never imagined a small spree would put my life in jeopardy. I was so young and full of dreams.

The KNIFE used to stab me according to the doctor was a semi ice pick, had it not been two centimeter away from my lung, it would have plunged me to death.

As for Noel and Harry, I had the impression that they were recreants but we met again and we each had a story to tell.

3 comments:

Ikaw ba to Darna? hehehe! Ako ang Reyna!

September 24, 2007 at 3:14 PM  

Hi Reyna Elena, thanks a lot for dropping by. It is really an honor. You made my day.^^

September 24, 2007 at 8:07 PM  

Sorry ha, wala akong status, isang Lord at isang Reyna... ako ay simple lang. si Chuva..

Chienes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 29, 2007 at 6:58 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home