Character 00003-My Cellphone


Last year, I was in a hurry to claim my backpay from the call center I had worked for. In my hand was a piece of brown envelope which contained some documents needed to complete the requirements being asked of me before the release of the money. In the other was my phone. I went to the road, hailed a bus to get there. I must have been very excited and in a hurry that I jumped on the bus as it was taking off. Unmindful, I never thought that my cellphone would be gone for good upon getting off the bus.

It took me several months before being able to buy a replacement. My parents worried that much as well as my brothers and my sister. Hmmm, not sure though whether they worried because they could no longer contact me if they needed money, or worried that I was gone for good just like my cellphone?

Back in my hometown, I once lost my Sonny T-Ericsson phone because I slept on the road side under the overpass downtown. I was dead drunk. My student who also happened to be my roommate noticed I was often gloomy after classes and he sensed I definitely had gotten used to texting after work. He pitied me and lent me his phone for a while. That's when I met one of the special characters in my life.

Last year, my boss gave me the best cellphone I ever had. When I was addicted to gambling, (Thank God, that addiction is now a part of my memory) I had to pawn that several times. I have stopped gambling yet my phone seems to be rotten again in the vault of the pawnshop.

Now, I use one of the oldest models of NOKIA phones. This is the kind of phone I first had in 1999. The cellphone and my life and their congruence... Life is a cycle, it is inconstant. Who knows?

2 comments:

I can feel for your loss of your cell phone. My partner Brian is on his 3rd phone in one year. His first one fell in an autoflushing toilet and is somewhere i the sewers. His second one fell in a glass of water on his bedside table, and now he is using my old phone. That would be fine except that my old phone does not support Bluetooth.

He wants a Bluetooth phone. So now we are getting me a new Treo 650 (Palm) that should arrive this week. When it arrives I will surrender my current Samsung to him so he can start using his wireless headset again.

September 12, 2007 at 11:24 AM  

can't wait to here as well about your phone, so nice of you to hand over your samsung, it is also a good phone, i hope i can take back my phone from the pawnshop, hehehe. thanks for dropping by^^

September 12, 2007 at 9:16 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home