Character 00004- Mommy Ruth


We were enjoying dancing and singing some disco songs while the others were playing bowling. I was dancing and gamboling in one corner of the bowling place with two of my newfound friends who also happened to be gays. They were older members of the club though. I was a newbie.

An old woman in her 50's after hitting strike turned her direction to us. She came nearer, smiled at me and initiated a small talk.

"Are you gay?" she asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"I thought you are straight." she added with some unexplained smile in her face.

It was not a smirk, as I immediately felt comfortable talking to her. That was the first time our paths crossed. Who knew she would be an important part of my life?

The other day, she kept sending me text messages asking if I could watch her game in the bowling tournament.

"Hi, Miss Universe, happy birthday! Come and watch me for the tournament and I will treat you some beer if you really insist and some appetizers too." That was her message.

I had to turn her down though her idea was inviting. I had had another appointment with my other friends and I didn't want that to be compromised.

It seems that she is still confused with my personality. Sometimes, she would call me a son and sometimes Miss universe. It doesn't really matter to me whatever she wants to call me. Though honestly, I feel I have long hair when she thinks I am the most beautiful woman on earth (LOL). I am happy with the fact that she treats me so dearly to her heart. Since then, I have thought of her as one of my guardian angels, a surrogate mother while I am away from home.

I have had happy moments with her. She showed eagerness in knowing all the details in my life. When my boyfriend just arrived home from abroad. She was quick to remind me that I would have to introduce him to her. We ate out then and it was her treat.

She was one of the few people who first responded when I got diagnosed of hepatitis. She is truly a blessing. She is not my mom but it is sweet to belong.

4 comments:

Lord MS, I just discovered this blog, and at a perfect time. You just mentioned Mommy Ruth on Native Sentimental Maniac. Great!

September 13, 2007 at 2:55 AM  

Since you moderate these comments, let me ask you--your URL says "my penis is big"?

September 13, 2007 at 2:58 AM  

hi staggo, hahaha, that should have been it,(LOL) it is actually "my pen is big", i was supposed to have the same blog title but after some rumination, i decided to change it and i found no way to change the url then, i just kept it there waiting when i created it, thanks a lot for reading the posts....

September 13, 2007 at 3:19 AM  

Hi Lord, great post. I like the blog. keep up the good work.

LOL @ penis is big haha

-Rudi

September 13, 2007 at 4:06 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home