Joanna


She was the tiniest of the seven young and beautiful aspirants. The simplistic and innocent looks on their facades took the speculators in awe. She wore this refurbished gown given to her by this woman who worked as a maid in Hongkong. I learned she was her God Mother. After tiring shifts of introduction, talent, parade of different wears, the decision of the judges was handed down. "And the winner is,....." No drums rolled, it was just a small beer event in a remote village. "And the winner is.... Joanna Aubrey." The gay master of ceremonies announced with a blast.

She smiled, paused and looked at me with the sparkle of her eyes wanting to say 'Thank You'. She brought out the best in me. I knew she knew the queer character in me. But she was reserved, perhaps not wanting to hurt me. It was my fault after all, I was so defensive then. When she paraded down the narrow street almost sizing up the village, her parents were so proud. They kept telling me they'd hold a party for their only daughter. She was their trophy.

Before leaving the teen years though, she started chasing the word "virginity." She got pregnant. Beautiful as she was, she maintained my admiration. She continued her studies while she could. She gave birth to a female angel, divorced with her hubby. To cut the story short, she is now one of the many Filipinas in Canada, full pledging her time to look after the aged.

I still admire her and she remains beautiful in my sight.

6 comments:

She does merit your admiration ;) Iba talaga and Pinay

November 19, 2007 at 7:12 PM  

wala bang malaking pics? hehehe...

November 20, 2007 at 11:03 PM  

hi..dear..how about my character..?

December 6, 2007 at 5:23 PM  

She was good looking, all right.

Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2007 at 3:23 AM  

She is beautiful...

July 5, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

she is awsome but if seen with bad eyes behind mind the she is ok. but she looks good.
you write well, can you tell me about my character plz

September 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Older Post Home